OFFICE OF SCHOOL MEDICAID
The case manager works with students, families, school staff, physicians, dentists, hospitals, clinics and other community organizations to facilitate students getting needed medical, psychological/psychiatric, or developmental evaluations/services. This is accomplished by:
- home visits;
- meetings with parents/students at school;
- meetings with school staff;
- attendance at Special Education meetings;
- accompanying parents and students to medical appointments;
- phone calls, faxes and e-mails (with written permission to help obtain needed appointments with a physician/dentist, mental health provider, physical or an occupational therapist, etc.); and
- referring families to community agencies that work with the homeless or those in need of food, clothing, etc.
Staff in Aurora Public Schools can make a referral for case management services through the Office of Medicaid Services by:
Completing the form REFERRAL FOR CASE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Please make sure you have discussed your intention to make this referral with the parent and have them sign this form.
- It is helpful to also call the case manager to discuss your concerns and/or invite her to a meeting at your school with staff who work with the student.
- Please inform the case manager how often school staff would like feedback regarding the family and student.